Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Week

The first week of the 2011 BU Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) finished last Thursday  The last two days have been jam packed with briefings and training sessions.  The BU staff have been very helpful and been able to answer any questions that have been asked.

I'm still a little confused exactly what is photonics and especially as it relates to biophotonics.  I want to meet the people in the lab I will be working in for the next six weeks.  I want to talk with them about my proposed project and pick their brains about exactly how the project ties into the field of photonics.

A wide variety of Boston-area middle and high school teachers are in the program.  We all seem to get along with each other and have alot in common.  I have met my teaching partner and we both are anxious to get our "hands dirty" on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment